As an independent charity governed by the laws of Hong Kong and of China, Beam International Foundation and its operating entities rely entirely on voluntary donations to finance its work. We are generously sponsored by corporate and individual donors as well as foundations in Hong Kong and the Mainland.
Funds raised are used to:
- Buy medical supplies for the free facial reconstructive surgery for underprivileged children with cleft lips and/or cleft palates in China
- Cover the cost of transportation, food and lodging for volunteer medical teams during missions
- Sponsor Chinese doctors to attend medical training programmes
- Provide Chinese doctors with the opportunity to receive six-month resident training in world class facilities in China
- Run life-saving workshops for medical volunteers in China